Rare investment in the centre of Morzine
We have a rare investment opportunity that has just come on the market in Morzine. This popular central restaurant is priced at €3,800,000 and has the opportunity to be taken on as a successful restaurant or converted into a magnificent family home.
The property is 360m2 built up of four areas on approximate 600m2 of land. A large outside garden and terrace area, a magnificent basement and an open plan ground floor/top floor.
The Restaurant & Kitchen.
The restaurant has 160 covers; 110 inside and 50 in the garden area. Featuring in this years Michelin guide – the standard of food has provided a great reputation for the restaurant which is matched with such a well-equipped kitchen and bar area.
Work was done on the property in 2011 by a well trusted local architects which provides a high-quality feel throughout the whole of the property. From Italian stone covering the floors to gorgeous beams lining the whole interior generating a maze of wooden structures the detail creates a perfect alpine feeling.
In the garden there is a Mazot which dates back to 1850 adding to the exterior and alpine heritage the property thrives. The basement screams unique – with a great area for tables, wine and cheese. This is an area to see in person to believe the space of the area underneath the main property.
Converting this property into a home.
The whole property could be converted into one of the nicest homes in the area with a small amount of interior work. The garden area could have a swimming pool inserted whilst the top floor could have bedrooms easily added, creating not only a beautiful home, but a home with great access to Morzine and the surrounding mountains. The perfect mountain retreat!
This property is on the market for €3,800,000.
Have a look at the full floor plan below and get in touch with Teresa on email@example.com or call her on 0033 (0)687 38 40 37 for more information or to set up a site visit.
The floor plan:
The top floor:
– Seating for 30 diners
– A balcony which overlooks the diners below
– Preparation room with stainless steel worktop, sink and 2 dumb-waiters
– Wooden-clad lift with access to all 3 floors
– Sweeping oak staircase leads to the ground floor
The ground floor:
– Seating for 45 diners
– Magnificent central fireplace
– Antique log burner in reception area
– Preparation room with stainless steel worktop, double sink and 2 dumb waiters
– Space for fridges and coffee machine
– Lift access
– Italian stone and ancient wood steps lead to the basement floor
The basement floor:
– 100 tonnes of Italian stone line the curved ceiling of the restaurant, which seats 37 diners
– 3 large windows allow diners a view of the cheese cellar next door
– 2 customer toilets lead from the corridor
– Lift access
– Fully equipped, state-of-the-art working kitchen with top-of-the-range equipment, 2 dumb waiters, copious amounts of preparation space and a separate patisserie room
– The boiler room leads from the patisserie room and houses the water tanks and ground-source heat pump with double-flux ventilation
– Leading from the kitchen are a store room and staff changing room and toilet, sink and under-stairs storage
– A door at the end of the corridor leads to an outside staircase with access to the garden, a service room, housing fire equipment and grease trap and extractor
– A further wine cellar also houses the consumer unit
The garden and terrace:
– A beautiful mazot, dating from 1850
– Seating for 50 diners
– Natural spring water trough with a pump
– Electric patio awning
– Stunning views over both the Morzine and Avoriaz sides of the valley